Upgraded the stand for the mini dragon egg I made. This new stand fits the egg perfect, and it matches so well too!
Definitely one of the weirdest materials I've dunked yet... Scott Groves hair! Overall the project turned out fairly decent, and it was pretty fun making an ice pick out of it
Turning some aluminum honeycomb handles for the new stainless steel honey dipper kits
The skull Halloween lamp project cast and turned on the lathe. Great DIY decoration project!!
Finally got a chance to dunk some mammoth ivory and made a bud vase with the blank. See how the blank was made and turned in this video
Turning the "Cosmos" Alumilite resin and aluminum honeycomb platter
Decided to pick up some glitter and experiment with it in resin, and I was really surprised at how awesome it turned out!
Got to have Carl and Robin Jacobson visit me and work on a collaboration project: the Sunburst Platter
https://youtu.be/sbt6pqtG9rc Finally got the BB-8 Sphere blank turned up, and I'm stoked about how it turned out! First time turning a sphere, and I'm hooked! It was more difficult than I anticipated getting the shape down, but I just kept at it and overall I think it turned out pretty good! I was very happy [...]
Finally made a sphere blank! Had to add something fun to it, so I cast a BB-8 on top of the burl cap too! Really cool project, and the biggest blank to date!
Dunked some dye stabilized deer antler in resin and made a bolt action pen. Overall, it was a pretty fun project!
First bud vase I've turned, and it was a really fun project... especially when it's a crazy pasta blank!
Aluminum honeycomb for resin casting, in stock and ready to rock!
Creating the colored pencil jar, setup and casting.
Colored pencils suspended in Alumilite! This project was a blast to make, and it's a pretty simple project to turn. Watch for the epic fail while I was parting off the piece =D
Dye stabilized shop towels dunked in resin, easy project and awesome looking blanks!
First attempt at making a micarta turning blank, and I used firehose as the material! I made a Sierra style pen out of the blank, and the experiment was a success!
In this episode, we cast some debris from Hurricane Irma into turning blanks.
I tried making another 3D printed snowflake ornament, and this time I used 5 minute epoxy rather than CA glue to seal the wood off. Huge difference!
Mixed material glow in the dark snowflake ornament combining wood, 3D printing and resin casting. I love these mash-ups!!